House of Zen
Normal capacity: 4 Adults / Youths
Our premier accommodation option, House of Zen was designed and constructed according to the simple, sturdy style of a Shogunate (government) house built in Kyoto during the Japanese Muromachi period (1336 - 1573 AD). The open, high-ceiling architecture creates a spacious and free environment; solid timbers and featured granite provide a clean natural feel; continuous glass sliding doors with cedar and rimu frames seamlessly connect the interior with the surrounding landscapes. This stunning borderless design makes the most of one of Auckland’s best elevated panoramic vistas. From the lodge, views extend uninterrupted to include the city centre, Sky Tower, Rangitoto Island, Musick Point and Eastern Beach, Clifton Peninsula and Waikopua Estuary, Waiheke Island and Beachlands. Guests staying in this lodge have exclusive use of the 15-foot heated swim-spa, a private sauna and a movie theatre.
Panoramic view of city and country coast
Architect-designed Kyoto house
Movie theatre room
15-foot heated swim spa
Cedar sauna room
Outdoor tennis court
Open showers and classic bath tub
Weber baby grand piano
IPod and IPod speaker
Environmentally friendly bathroom amenities
Reflector telescope upon request
|1 May 2012 – 30 August 2012
|1 September 2012 – 30 April 2013:
|1 May 2013 – 30 August 2013:
|1 September 2013 – 30 April 2014:
|Rates are in NZ dollars
*GST exclusive (15%)
- All room rates include accommodation, arrival drinks, five-course dinner, gourmet breakfast and selected lodge activities.
- Complimentary lodge activities include native walks, star gazing, glow worms, night fishing, night hunting, animal and fish feeding, tennis, pétanque, as well as use of spa, sauna and movie theatre. All activities are subject to weather conditions and availability.
- The entire Zen Garden is smoke-free. Thank you for keeping our air clean and fresh.
Arrival & Departure:
- Check-in time is 3:00pm. If you arrive early or we are unable to accommodate you immediately, your luggage will be held in our storage facility while you enjoy the public areas of the Lodge or gardens.
- Normal check-out time is 11:00am. You are welcome to make use of the facilities should a later check-out time be required. Please contact our staff. We are happy to make special arrangements for you.
- Room rates are quoted on a per person per night basis and are exclusive of 15% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- All rates and packages are subject to change, please confirm with reservations at time of booking.
- In order to confirm a reservation, we require a deposit of 25% of the total cost. The payment can be made in the form of a bank transfer, bank cheque or current credit card with expiry date. Final payment of 100% is required 30 days prior to arrival. Reservations made within 7 days of arrival will be accepted with credit card and bank transfers.
Zen Garden is a small exclusive resort and cancellations affect us greatly. Due to our intimate size, the following charges will apply if the booking is cancelled:
- Within 30 days of arrival, then 50% of the total cost of the booking will be charged.
- Within 7 days of arrival, then 100% of the total cost of the booking will be charged.
“No shows” will be charged 100% of the applicable rate of the total stay. We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans.
Christmas & New Year policies:
A surcharge of NZ$355.00 per adult and NZ$285.00 per youth (exclusive of GST) will be applied to guests accommodated on Christmas Day (25th December) and New Year’s Eve (31st December).
To protect our extensive collections of art, antiques and fine craftworks, we regret we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 12 years.